Tuesday, February 10, 2004

It's a terrific Tuesday. The rain continues to fall in College Station and the roads are flooding hither and thither. Yet, unlike a lot of folks, it is not getting me down. I'm enjoying my job and getting the lay of the land more each day. Aggie baseball starts Friday at 3pm, however I'll be missing that one due to work, but I should make the Saturday and Sunday contests. Sunday will be interesting because the Daytona 500 should wrap up just around the time of the game, depending on the number of cautions and/or red flags.

So my friend Allen e-mailed me today about the membership classes some of my friends and I want to attend for the church we attend, Westminster Presbyterian, in Bryan. The only problem might be my job and I might be able to join my friends because Pastor Wade is looking to hold the classes on Friday afternoons. However, the church is supposed to be offering Sunday school classes soon, so it wouldn't be like this would be the only option for doing this. I've been giving a lot of thought and prayer towards joining Westminster and now with the job security and the knowledge that I am not going anywhere, now is the right time. Since I moved to College Station, for some reason that I don't get, the Lord has been overly gracious towards me. I had been on the fence for awhile, because a part of me didn't understand the point of membership, but a over the last few months conversations with friends about what "being a member" means and even hearing Pastor Wade give a sermon which touched on the subject, really convinced me further that this is the right thing to do. Now being from a Roman Catholic background, I have to figure out how to tell my family, even though I've been hinting at it for awhile now. I think my immediate family will be fine with it, but I know I'll definitely be a scandal if and when news reaches beyond the immediate family, but since I never see those folks anyway, I really don't care what they think. I just pray my immediate family will take it well, I don't see why they won't., it's just something I worry about.

While I'm in the area of the subject, it made me ashamed of being from New England when the Massachusetts State Supreme Court issued their ruling to the legislature that civil unions would not pass state constitutional muster and the only way the issues up there can be settles is by legalizing gay marriages. Of course if this comes to pass, it becomes legal in every state due to a little area in the Constitution where the laws of one state must be recognized in another (or something like that). It means that is a gay couple is legally married in Boston and move to Orlando, Florida has to recognize the marriage. I firmly believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, it has been defined as such for the recorded history of western civilization, and I don't see why the definition should change now. All because a few leftist liberal lunkheads think it is a good idea to run our society into the secular political correctness toilet.

Let me get off the soapbox, or I'll spend all day there.
Shout out to Ted M. for the thank-you card. See, I hosted the "other" RUF Super Bowl party at my place. It was awesome for one; secondly I had to host one because my team was in the game and won!! So thanks man, that was classy, you didn't have to do it, but you did. It was my pleasure to have everyone over to watch the game, have a few cold ones and just have a grand old time!

Well, that's all I got. But before I go, I just listened to the new Norah Jones album, entitled "Feels Like Home"...her voice is just so pretty and her music just so wonderful to listen to...it's relaxing for sure! Plus, the more I'm settling into my job and life outside of A&M the more I realize...where I am now...it feels like home!

Thanks and God Bless!

No comments: