Sunday, February 22, 2004

Phew, just finished up enough laundry to have clean clothes for work this week, but still have a few more loads to do. Time to settle in and get to blogginf with a Smirnoff Triple Black. Speaking of the Triple Black, congratulations to Matt Kenseth for winning the Subway 400 today at Rockingham in what may be the last Cup race ever held at that grand old lady.

Well, what have I been up to? Well the Ags were home this weekend at Olsen Field playing South Alabama. So I did what any red blooded, American male would do, I went and sat in the bleachers and ejoyed much baseball (not to mention 70 degree weather and sunshine). This former New Englander just loves this weather here in Texas.

I spent much of the weekend hanging out with what we have now dubbed the "Rogue Militant Wing" of RUF here at A&M. It's along story, but THE VASTINE came up with it with some input from the rest of us on Friday night. Last night most of us went to Mr. G's in Bryan for dinner and were supposed to go to a jazz club in Bryan, but that fell through due to chilly weather, the ladies not have jackets, and the guys not having any to give them. Lesson learned guys, always have extra sweatshirts and/or jackets/pullovers in the car. Still, fun times were had by all. Next weekend we might be doing one of a few things, but for now those must be classified for "blowing out of candles" reasons.

Saturday morning those of us who would like to become members at Westminster began our membership class with Pastor Wade. Good discussions and interesting questions were posed during the class, it was very enjoyable. I don't think we can thank Wade enough for taking time out of his busy schedule early on Saturday mornings.

Right now I;m listening to the third CD from the "Cash:Unearthed" collection entitled 'Redemption Songs', the profound meaning his voice brings to the songs on this album is amazing. The voice of Johnny Cash is the doorway into the man's soul. Singer's of Mr. Cash's caliber are few and far between today when electric guitars, drum solos and computerized effects are mixed up in face of the listener. This collection simplifies it back to a man and his guitar, which I hope to take soon once I get a few paychecks under me, is pure, true music. On occasion though, Cash does get help..for example on one cut he is backed up my some small time band, that might have a future, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I think they might be pretty good one of these days. (This folks is called IRONY).

Well, I need to get some sleep. Nothing deep here tonight, but in a few days when I pick up some good reading later this week...things might get deep, so I end with a joke courtesy of my friend Juli:

What did the zero (0) say to the eight (8)?

Ans: Hey, nice belt!

No comments: