Wednesday, July 14, 2004

So I just watched the Triple-A All Star Game between the Pacific Coast League and the International League, the game was played at McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. I can not put into words how nice it was to watch a game from my old stomping grounds. I miss the cool summer nights sitting in the stands at the "field where dreams begin" with a hot dog or a doughboy and a Del's Lemonade. My hat's off to Ben Mondor and the whole organization for the game and a first class on field presentation. Major League Beaseball could learn something from the smallest city in Triple-A baseball.

And Now:

For What It's Worth

Roger Clemens got shelled in the All Star game, but on two days rest he came and pitched in front of the home crowd, class act.

The homerun derby was fun to watch once upon a time, now it is just boring.

Nomar to the Cubs? Say it ain't so!

The Big Unit to Boston...he brings the heat but not much else.

2001 Pepsi 400, who can forget it...I've got a piece of tire from the 8 car hanging on my wall now. Too sweet!

4 Day weekend this weekend, I'll need the last three to recover from Friday night.

Congrats to the future Mr. and Mrs. Brunone.

And Congrats to the future Mr. and Mrs. Sabin.

I wish I could make both, but I can't.

I always wanted to learn how to play the acoustic guitar, now is as good a time as any. So a few nights a week, I'm just here a pickin and learning chords.

Work is more fun when there is work to do.

Yet, it is the Homer in all of us who loves doing nothing.

After a recent conversation, a Muppet movie bonanza is in the works: The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and the Muppets Take Manhattan.

That's not a bear, bear's wear hats.

Speaking of Bears, Senator Dikta has a nice ring to it.

1 week till July 22...the 26th Anniversary of my birth. The world still doesn't know what hit it.

That's all I got. See ya Next Time!

Gonzo: I'm going to Bombay to break into show business.

Fozzie Bear: You don't go to Bombay to break into show business. You go to Hollywood.

Gonzo: Oh, sure, if you want to do it the EASY way.

No comments: