Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Well, howdy dear readers. This is a first for this here blog, I am writing this at 8:30ish in the evening central time, from the computer in work. We have a deadline that needs meeting and I'm one of the lucky few who will be spending the night scanning documents. However that is quite boring and there is nothing there worth talking about.

As I sit here, I am listening to some Johnny Cash. I love the man's music!

Well wedding bells are fast approaching for many friends of mine over the next two months. I am so excited and happy for all of them. The Lord has brought these couples together and may He bless their lives together. It is such a great and awesome thing, Lord willing someday I shall also take that step.

All the talk in my circle of friends about weddings tends to get my mind thinking about a few things and I would like to just take a little bit to share some of my thoughts.

As Christians, we are called to be equally yoked to our spouse. Being from the northeast, I heard a lot of people who did not care if their spouse shared the same beliefs as they did. Now I will not say that an unequally yoked marriage is not one that could be successful or become equally yoked in the future, however, I can see many problems that may arise. Having a God centered relationship and sharing the same faith in the Lord enables a couple to have a strong foundation to begin the work of building their family. Yes, work. Everyday marriage must be worked on, never taking each other for granted and learning the ability to effectively communicate. Someone once told me that it is best to see the sunrise than to go sleep angry at your spouse. Thinking about it, there is no reason to go to bed angry, sure there will be times of argument and disagreement, but nothing that can't be worked through if each doesn't allow personal pride to get in the way.

Another thing that gets me thinking is the idea that the husband is the spiritual leader of the household. Heck, this is a HUGE responsibility. Now I don't know about other guys, but I have trouble remebering to match my socks in the morning. To me it's both exciting and nerve racking to think about. If a couple is blessed with children, then raising them up properly becomes an even greater task. Because what if even with all the teaching you give them about the Lord, they turn away and reject the faith you try to bring them to? Does that mean you've failed as a parent? It questions like that go through my mind. I don't want to sound negative, I actually look forward to the task and pray that the Lord will grant wisdom I need when that day comes.

The last thought I want to hit on is the concept of loving one's wife as Christ loves the church. This is probably the greatest thing I can think of, to love one's wife to the point where you'd be willing to readily sacrifice your own life for her well being. The supreme sacrifice of our Savior played out in marriage. It's just an amazing thought to love someone so much that your life is forfeit for them.

Nothing to deep tonight, just some thoughts. I hope they make sense, if not hit me up and tell me if you don't get something, I'll clear it up later.

Well back to work, that thousand page document is done...NEXT!

No comments: