Monday, September 06, 2004

The Red Sox enter today's action just 2 and half games behind the Evil Empire. A month ago it looked as if they were sinking fast and would be battling for the wild card, now a division title is within site. I am excited and couple that with the Patriots opening up the year on Thursday night at home against the Colts. My sports viewing is exciting and enjoyable. Now if only someone would come through with a ticket to this Saturday night's Wyoming game, I would be very grateful, but if they can't it will not be the end of the world, though I will not be in great spirits about missing the game.

I have had a lot on my mind the last week or so, mainly involving work. Things have been very slow the past few months. Last week ownership announced an organizational shakeup where much of the marketing responsibilty was given to the rank and file, with some individuals becoming "team" leaders. Well, I happened to be (un)fortunate enough to be one of these. As if the stress of not knowing if the doors will open tomorrow add to that the knowledge that the well being and jobs of my fellow co-workers now rest on the results that some of us will be responsible. Now, I'm not marketing guru so it makes for some interesting times. I find my only solace and comfort in prayer that what I do will serve the Lord and the knowledge that the Lord has placed me where He has for His purposes. If not for this, I can only imagine how unbearable I would be to be around right now.

With today being Labor Day, I can think of nothing more fitting than the reminder that the Lord has an intended purpose for us all, for His glory and that we should approach our jobs with Him in mind and not the worries and stress of this world. Of course, it is easier said than done.

No comments: