Thursday, November 18, 2004

Perspective, always a good thing to have. I've been stressing over things at work and losing persepctive of things. Sleepless nights wondering about work and bills...you know the so called "grown up" stuff. It has made me tired, grumpy, and down right irritable...probably a pain the ass to deal with too. Last night it all got put back into the proper order.

Congratulations to the Ferguson's on the finalization of their adoptions, two new little one's running around that house. That make's 5, so they have their own basketball team now! As some of you may know and others may not, I'm marooned in College Station for Thanksgiving. Having no plans, I now have some thanks to the large hearts of some of my friends. It's also reassuring to know that I won't be the only one here for the weekend. I'll miss the smells of home, but I can recreate some of them with my own culinary skills. I was also able to talk to, however briefly, with...well the words best friend doesn't quite do justice...but you know who you are! It's amazing how just a kind word, a smile, and understanding can help brighten the day.

Ok, there is a lesson here....

God, family and friends, that's what life is about. All the other stuff, and that's what it is stuff, we tolerate and put up with to funciton in society, put food on the table and pay the bills, is secondary. Those closest to us, know us best and somehow give us that slap we need to remember just what is important. Well not a literal slap, though sometimes I do need one of those too. Day by day, whatever happens happens, but with them and perspective, who can complain and grumble? I can't when I look at it that way. Though I might, I shouldn't.

Perspective...it's a powerful thing... keep things in it...like a lockbox. :-)


No comments: