Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I am going home for Christmas, first time in a year I will set foot in the Ocean State. Let me rephrase that, I'm going to see my family for Christmas, Texas is my home. Then of course some say home is where the heart is, and I can't argue with either place being home, so it is six in one and a half dozen in the other.

For those wondering, I still have a job. I am also looking, but my lease situation brings some interesting situations to the table. I just leave it to God to work out and let me just follow the path He puts before me, bumps and all. No matter what happens I can not help but sense that feelings will be hurt somewhere. All I can say without saying much is that there are always complications to every decision, I feel as if personally I am in a no win situation. Some of y'all are scratching your heads wondering what ole Ed's talking about. Well, without getting into details, there is a matter of keeping a promise or breaking it. Even though I'm sure it would not even be an issue, I would like to keep my promise and my word. For some reason that thought ways heavy on my mind when it comes to career decisions and yet I may be the only one who gives a damn about it. And now y'all are thinking, ole Ed's gone crazy, well maybe I have.

Ok now that I'm officially a nut in this post, Aggies are going to the Cotton Bowl to play the Tennessee Volunteers from the SEC. I'll be there with some of my friends. It's going to be a blast, win or behind when time runs out, it will be fun.

There is something about New England in December. Cold as all get out, snow around every forecast, back aching shoveling, and the smell of pine needles and home cooking. The sound of the family gathering around the dinner table, the smells of apple pie and turkey. The time we get to spend with those we love but seldom get to see. I think about it and realize just how blessed I am to be able to do so. All of us who get to be with family are, just remember though, cherish it, savor it, and make the most out of the time you get to spend with family. God gives us today to do as He wills, but He makes no guarantee for tomorrow on this terrestial ball.

No comments: