Friday, December 24, 2004

So it's nice and warm here in Lil' Rhody, about 60 today. This a great improvement over the 6 degrees it was when I landed in Boston on Monday night. Things have been relaxed and fun since I returned to the cold armpit of New England. I've been reading quite a bit, watching a lot of football, and enjoying time with my family. Tomorrow night will be our traditional Christmas Eve dinner and movie night with my Nana and Pa coming over to visit.

As many of you are aware, my company has been struggling mightily on the finaincial front. Chapter 11 was due to be filed Tuesday for debt reorganization. Which does not guarantee anything. Also, as many of you know I've been shopping my resume around Texas in hopes of a more stable situation while praying that the Lord would just use me as He sees fit and if that meant staying where I am, then so be it. On Monday, I was sent an e-mail from a potential employer I had recently interviewed with and am humbled to announce that I have been offered a position. I have accepted the position and if a few details can be ironed out, which I don't think will be a problem, I shall start working as an engineer for the City of College Station sometime in mid-January. In civil engineering, city and state engineering positions are as stable as they come. I look forward to new challenges with the full realization that it's going to be a difficult road due to the nature of the job. I take consolation in knowing that God wouldn't put me here if I wasn't capable.

In other news the Red Sox have re-signed catcher Jason Varitek. The projected line-up right now looks as follows, talk about reloading:

C- Jason Varitek
1B- Kevin Millar
2B- Mark Bellhorn
SS- Edgar Renteria
3B-Bill Mueller
LF-Manny Ramirez
CF-Johnny Damon
RF-Trot Nixon
DH- David Ortiz
SP- Curt Schilling, Wade Miller, Matt Clement, David Wells, Tim Wakefield, Bronson Arroyo
Closer- Keith Foulke

Merry Christmas!
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.- Luke 2:11 (ESV)

No comments: