Monday, February 14, 2005

For What It's Worth

Pitchers and catchers report to ft. Myers on the 17th. I never thought I'd think this thought in my lifetime...but repeat as World Champions!

Aggie baseball is off to a less than rousing start, I attended the first two games at the Juice Box, at least we whipped Tennessee, which is easy when the opponent makes 6 errors.

The Pro Bowl...is there anything more boring in the NFL than it's end of the year All-Star game, where no one plays hard in order to avoid injury. Don-Ho and "Tiny Bubbles" just isn't enough to keep me interested.

Valentine's Day=Hallmark thinking "CHA-CHING!", I'll avoid it thank you very much (not that I have a romantic reason to recognize it...but we'll ignore that detail.)

The Patriots have won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls in an era of parity, free agency, and the salary cap. So was Parcells a great coach or was Coach B's defense.

The NHL cancels its season and a tree fell in woods...I didn't hear a noise from either.

Kenny Chesney's new album "Songs from a Blue Chair" is not being promoted by his label or on radio, but it is some of the most honest and beautiful lyrics and songs I've heard in awhile.

Aggie Men's Basketball....NIT bound...or NCAA bound Cinderella..stay tuned.

Speaking of Cinderella, the song is probably right and she probably did leave out a page or two out of the book.

Bonnie Bishop....the gal can sing!

Veritas Forum this week on the A&M campus includes an Intelligent Design vs. Evolution debate tomorrow night at 7 in Rudder....if you're interested go.

I need to go see Hotel Rwanda...maybe one night this week.

The Daytona 500 is Sunday. Jimmie Johnson is the early favorite but don't count out Kevin Harvick or Tony Stewart. The sentimental favorite though has to be Rusty...his last call at the great American Race.

No comments: