Sunday, March 27, 2005

It's long overdue so I give to you another:

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

One week till opening day in the Bronx, Wells vs. The Big Unit in the Bronx. Go Sox!

One warm spring nights I sit and ponder what the heck keeps MJ employed as the head baseball coach, good enough to be good, but never good enough to make the final dance and horrid player management. It's like going to the prom, much ado about nothing except a lot of hype.

I went to Austin recently, went to 6th St. 6th Street is the Thayer St. of Austin....I saw stuff I didn't want to see nor do I care to see again.

I recently picked up W.P. Kinsella's Shoeless Joe, the book that they based "Field of Dreams" on, I look forward to reading it.

My NCAA bracket looks like a red pen broke on it, how about yours?

Speaking of the NCAA tourney, I saw Kentucky fans, Duke fans, and Michigan St. fans in Austin...sadly all that blue and green was not enough to make all the burnt orange not stand out.

Mrs. Clinton will be delivering the commencement address at RPI this spring, Billary seems to have strong ties to that school....make me want to puke. That couple couldn't lead a monkey to a banana raffle.

Is the American public stupid enough to think that politicians actually are moving to the middle because they want to during an election year/build up to a campaign?

The Terri Shiavo situation is sad on all fronts. Pray God's will be done, for the will of men is bent against the Almighty and ignores the teachings of Providence.

On that note, we are citizen's of the United States second, citizen's of Christ's Church first and always.

Sunny days are here, baseball season is rolling, the Sox will be opening soon, it's March in Texas and can't be beat.

Amos Lee can sing and has somehow managed to put into song, the words I would like to put there, but alas I can only ramble in poetry, song writing is not a skile of mine.

Sox v. Yankees Case No. 2005 Opening Arguments Schedules for April 3rd, final ruling expceted in October 2005.


There come moments that change a person's outlook on things, change the way the think and feel on certain things. We know not when these moments will occurr or just how their effects will affect our lives. What we can be certain of though, is that they will happen and we will be better because of it. Things once viewed as simple become quite complicated, that much I know. Life was simpler when I just had to worry about getting to baseball practice after school, however I would not go back, I rather like the challenges and issues presented me in the present. My only prayer is that the solutions would be just as simple as the forgone era.

"The time to take counsel of your fears is before you make an important battle decision. That's the time to listen to every fear you can imagine. When you have collected all the facts and fears and made your decision, turn off all your fears and go ahead." Gen. George S. Patton

2 comments:

Teddy said...

Is the American public stupid enough to think that politicians actually are moving to the middle because they want to during an election year/build up to a campaign?

Yes and maybe stupid enough to vote for those politicians who actually move far enough to the middle. I have been thinking a lot about what I would do if the Democratic party's next presidential candidate ran pro-life and the Republican party's presidential candidate didn't. Aside from the near fact that I will probably vote for someone from a more obscure party (more on that later), I would be inclined in that situation to vote Democrat. However, I am no longer as naieve as I once was. Thank be to God. I am beginning to fear that mainline party politicians are just that - politicians - in every sense of the word. No convictions. All they want is a vote, money, and popularity. So, I probably could not vote for the Democrat-turned pro-life candidate knowing how quick they would be willing to turn on their views. Especially not someone so closely related to Slick Willy. Republicans deserve equal bashing on this account - so I will refer you to Matt Lee's blog http://nekkidemperorsociety.blogspot.com.
I'll get to my point. Politicians need to be held accountable. And holding them accountable doesn't seem to be an easy task. Character matters far more than anyone could ever emphasize when it comes to choosing our elected officials.
Kerry lost the election because he appeared to be without conviction. Bush won because he appeared to have conviction. Lately, I am not so sure that Bush's apparent conviction was little more than a masquerade/marketing gimmick to achieve votes.
Next time, I will have to do more research on the fringe candidates. They seem to have less to gain from the politics game.
Finally, will someone tell me why Bush did not appear to do or say much of anything about Schiavo.
Peace.

Ed said...

President Bush did all he could do within the bounds of his office and the Constitution. Gov. Bush was handcuffed by Judge Greer.

Could they have done more, yes, but illegally, no matter how morally right they would have been, the law bound them. The difference between Democrats and Republicans lies in that Republicans will work within the law, Democrats will use the Constitution as toilet paper when it is contradicts their worldview (see Elian Gonzales).