Monday, March 07, 2005

Simply Symphony

It is now Monday morning, so to be accurate, yesterday afternoon I had the good pleasure of attending the MSC OPAS performance of the Prague Symphony Orchestra at Rudder Auditorium on the A&M campus. It was simply splendid. I will admit to be a closet lover of classical music, I really can't tell a lot of it apart from piece to the next, but I do so love it.
The show lasted abour 2 hours in length with a brief intermission. The opening number was Carnival Overture, Op.2, by Antonin Dvorak which was followed by the great Symphony No. 38 in D Major, of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. A brief intermission ensued before the finale, which was an absolutely marvelous rendition of Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 6 by Ludwig Van Beethoven.
Being able to experience events like this is one of the great joys and gifts of living in a college town. One can go from baseball, to the symphony, to a game of cards all in one weekend...to help develop the well rounded character. I thoroughly enjoyed the concert this afternoon, words alone can not describe just how wonderful, pleasing, and relaxing it was. Amazing, does not do justice to my emotions. I, naturally, can not mention the concert without thanking my friend Amanda for going with me, she, too, expressed her delight and joy in the perfromance. She also spent last summer in Prague and is a pretty decent trombone player, I've never heard her play, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, it's my blog..I can do that.
Well, I am off to sleep...another week of work awaits and time sheets are due in the morning. Good night, sweet dreams and God Bless!

p.s. I am not spell checking this, I don't care too...it's late...if any mispellings bother you...deal with it. LOL.

No comments: