Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Summer Wind Came Blowing In

From the Finger Lakes....and what a breath of fresh air it was! MV came into visit for the weekend and headed on up to a redneck wedding in Dallas before heading home to the 'Cuse. what can I say, other than a fantastic weekend was had with my birthday thrown into the mix, a surprise party, BBQ, beer, margaritas, ice cream, and wine to name a few. The weekend also blew the stench out of mind and thought process and reminded me what a truly strong and confident woman can bring to the table in a conversation. I had forgotten how great a thing it is to know what a woman is thinking, what she wants to do, and how she plans to do it without some wishy washy attitude. Refreshing does not begin to describe it! Now me an MV have been friends now for almost 9 years now, which definately brings a comfort level with it when we hang out, there are no false pretenses, no needing to tread carefully, it's open and honest on every level, no games, no false airs. Now I'm not saying this type of stuff is common with southern gals, but ladies if the shoe fits, you probably got it on sale a Payless right before looking for a husband in church so you can get married and get to poppin out the kiddies.
In short, the gauntlet is cast down and the line in the sand is clear. There are very few women I know who I'd even consider a relationship with, now that bar is even more difficult (and that list considerably shorter). If you're looking to get married and have kids, if you have no other goals besides finding a husband, if you are flat out stupid, don't try to catch my eye...it will not work and I will not waste my time. I can get as much fun talking to rocks as I can talking to a dumb gal. There are probably some of you wondering where this may have risen up from, well I had a good dose of being re-Yankeeified this weekend and I'm going to do my best to keep a bit of it instead of letting it get buried as it has the last 3 years. I'm sure I'll get some crap for this, but deal with it. I will. :-)

No comments: