Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And Then There Was One

My phone rang last night, it brought sad news laced with a hint of joy. My best friend in Boston, the big "B", called to announce that he has gone and set in motion the wheels of fate that will build to a magnificent burnout in August 2006. After 13 months of dating, he has proposed to his girlfriend (and his boss and pastor's daughter) and she said yes. The event happened in Niagra Falls, Canada (now he can blame something on Canada!) last week. So, if all goes well, Lord willing, I will be going to either Lowell or Syracuse next summer for the wedding.

I have also been asked to be "the best man", which makes me wonder, "if I'm the best man, why is she marrying him?", but that is another thought for another time. LOL. I have graciosuly accepted the honor, though I have not clue what I need to do...I need to learn. Nothing like being selected to your first wedding party and being thrown in the deep end.

I have not met the future Mrs. M, but I am sure she is quite a catch to get the "B" to settle down into wedded bliss. I'll keep y'all posted. For now, I await the publication of the Red Sox, PawSox, and dare I say it, Yankees schedules for next year for "bachelor party" planning.

No comments: