Saturday, September 17, 2005

So, it's 12:20 PM here in College Station, I'm wide awake and not at yell practice. I'll leave it to the kiddos at the University to enjoy unless...well I'll keep that to myself. I'm sitting here knowing I'll have to be up early in the morning to walk over to Kyle Field for the early kick-off of the A&M v. SMU game, and it's not really bothering me, I'm going to get sit down for the first time in 3 years. I won't be gracing the student section till the tu game after Thanksgiving. I will enjoy it very much.

Right now, I'm listening to the newest release from Patty Loveless, "Dreamin My Dreams", it's a nice blend of country/folk/bluegrass and a great album to relax to at the end of a long day and an even longer week. What I truly need is a really good back massage, but that ain't happening anytime soon. I am now officially burning the candle at both ends through November. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights are skating nights for me, Wednesday night is my beginner guitar class, weekends will involve cleaning and chores, Friday and Saturday night will be my only times to really see friends, unless they show up at the rink, which is doubtful, the 'Rebs don't like ice very much, but my Yankee blood is right at home on it. Not to mention the Red Sox are making another run at the playoffs. After the Sox finish out the year and I get some basics down on the ice, I see Thursdays becoming the night I go to Toastmasters meetings. Toastmaster's is a group with chapters all around the globe to promote public speaking skills. I am comfortable with public speaking, but more tips and practice never hurt anyone.

I also need to get cracking on my P.E. exam application if I want to take it in April it is due in December. For those wondering what the heck I am talking about, the P.E. exam is the exam I need to pass in order to become a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. Think of it as the bar exam for engineers, but involving a whole lot of math and engineering calculations insteads of law questions. It's a big deal both professionally and personally. It's also nice that it comes with a 10% raise effective the day I learn of passing it (if I pass it, Lord willing).

Well, I'm pretty tired now, I think I'll go to bed now. Goodnight all.
Second star on the right, and straight on till morning!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Nite nite, Edward. Tee hee, tee hee.

Ed said...

Laugh it up