Friday, October 07, 2005

The defense of the 2004 World Championship ended tonight in Boston. The Boston Red Sox, a slugging team with a lack of pitching fell to the White Sox from the southside of Chicago and were swept out of the playoffs. As much as it pains me to see it, the White Sox have not won a World Series title since 1917 and though their fans are not the brightest crayons in the box (I've seens signs calling them the "Dividsion" champs and stating "I'ts our time now") they need redemption from the Black Sox/Shoeless Joe curse.

So pack it in and start waiting for spring training to open in Ft Myers. In the meantime, to quote the actor better known as "Squiggy" on "Laverne & Shirley" from the movie "A League of Their Own"... "Take me home momma, I have seen enough to know that I have seen too much."

No comments: