Saturday, October 22, 2005

For What It's Worth

  • The Astros have never been to a World Series, the White Sox haven't won one since 1917. Not bad theatre if you ask me.
  • For the first time in history two native Rhode Islanders will play in the same World Series, can you name them? (answer at the bottom of this entry)
  • Memo to the Pats: Bruschi is an inside linebacker not a safety
  • However, raise your ales and toast to the Brew...it's been a long road back.
  • Who would have thunk it in 1995 when Danny Duquette released an "over the hill" pitcher, that Roger Clemens would start game 1 of the 2005 World Series coming off a year of domination, note his 1.83 ERA this year.
  • Memo to Coach Fran: Be prepared for the shootout in Lubbock
  • Memo to Tektards: Beat t.u. this weekend.
  • Notre Dame is a damn good football team
  • USC therefore must be the "real" Houston Texans
  • The Bonnie Bishop Band is coming back to Aggieland....I am waiting on my advance copy of the new album.
  • Speaking of the lovely BB, the new single rocks. I hear it every time I turn the radio. Seriously, it's freaky. It's happened 4 straight days, multiple times a day.
  • He is in his 70's, but Willie Nelson can still put on a great show.
  • Garth Brooks has a new song on the radio, a great tribute to the late, great Chris LeDoux.
  • I'm seeing U2 next week in Houston...my favorite band is also in Houston that night at the same time across town...sigh.
  • Halloween is coming up, parent's it's not evil or satanic so take the sticks out of your arses and let the kids dress up and get candy from the neighbors.
  • Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer will keep you turning the pages, a great read.
  • Fall is in the air finally in Texas.
  • I am addicted to Star Bucks, hot chocolate and caramel apple cider, ask my co-workers.
  • I can't get interested in the Chase for the Cup this year, none of my drivers are involved.
  • Boys who can't skate should not show off in front of girls, they end up out of control and causing a danger to the other skater, namely me. Seriously, next guy who des something dumb and puts me at risk, I'm throwing a hip check and sending him to his rear.
  • I can't name anyone on the Celtics besides Paul Pierce, gang-green is setting in again.
  • RPI 3 Boston University 2, How do like them apples?!
  • Answer to trivia question: Dan Wheeler and Paul Konerko, Wheeler is also the first Interscholastic League player to appear since Davey Lopes, many moons ago.
  • You know you're getting older when you find it fun to start looking at and considering land/property investment opportunities. Another month or two and I should be able to have a good down payment saved up.
  • Sometimes the best cure, is something that the Dr. didn't order.
  • BCS Aggie Club Happy Hours are quite fun.
  • If the Angels in Heaven don't sound anything like Emmy Lou Harris, Alison Kraus and Bonnie Bishop, I'm going to demand a refund.
  • And until next time, some folks out there owe me a big thank you for saving their lives last week. I killed a shit eating dog. :-)

No comments: