Friday, October 21, 2005

Well, other than a few random sports posts, I've been pretty quiet this month here on the blogosphere. For good reason, I haven't really felt like writing anything. It's been a long few weeks for me. The month began with an unexpected trip home when news reached me that my Grandma McDonald had passed away on October 1. I left College Station on the 4th and arrived back in my home town with 2 hours to spare before the wake. Sadly, it was under these circumstances that all 20 grandchildren were together for the first time. Turns out one of my cousins lives in Austin, TX. In typical Irish/Scot/Polish fashion many toasts were made that week. Also in grand tradition, the youngest cousins got the upside down hanging long over due to them. I flew back to Texas last Monday, worked three days and then took Friday off as my mother and brother were flying in for the Okie St. game. I've just been busy, busy, busy. Work's was busy but has slowed down to a crawl this week, which is nice. I've got a wine party to go to Saturday at some friend's new home in south College Station Saturday. Then next week, it's U2 on the 28th.

Then in November...well, Lord willing, if all goes well I will immerse my ears to the sounds of the Bonnie Bishop Band at least three times, and also enjoy the new album due out on Nov. 8th. I'd actually been in contact with some of the folks with the band and was in line to hang posters and work the merchandise table if needed, but they worked it out on their end. As many readers know, I am love with Miss Bishop's voice...it's just phenomenal. Of course, the red blooded male in me will also honestly admit, that she's easy on the eye's herself.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to in a nutshell. I'm going to go read, then I'm going to bed. Ciao!

No comments: