Tuesday, May 30, 2006




And I Didn't See A Surrey With the Fringe On Top!



Well, I had an awesome weekend dear readers. I went up to Oklahoma, Ft. Sill to be precise and put myself to good use a powder monkey at a live cannon shoot. Yes, live rounds, black powder, and an army base firing range made for lot's of fun, sun burn, and wind burn. Now what is the powder monkey you may be asking, well I pretty much take the round and charge up to the guy who places them in the muzzle of the cannon. Had a lot of fun hanging out with the gun crew under our tent, which was always seemingly about to blow away. Saw some lizards and one horned frog. Ate well, had fun talking and joking in the KIA (now that I think of it, that's probably not the best vehicle to take onto a military base..KIA you know) on the way up and back. Oh, I split the back of my wool pants, going to have to sew them up or get them sewed up sometime before I need to wear them again. But, at least they looked more authentic, because I am sure many a soldier in the Civil War had some kind of hole in their pants and many probably split them like I did. All in all, it was a lot of fun. I look forward to working with the gun crew in the future...Especially Arnie...what a character and great friend. I hear Arnie's ambidextrous, but can't confirm it. But still, a pretty cool person, for a Rebel!

Oklahoma, pretty flat.

Rebs and Yanks shooting and not at each other!

No comments: