Monday, June 19, 2006

In my mind I've gone to Carolina

More Hockey News Than You Can Break A Stick At

Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes, winners of the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs. 34 lbs of silver are theirs and they each get to spend a day with the cup and do whatever they want with it, they can drink beer from it, they can bathe their kids in it, they can take it fishing, etc. Fun times. Congratulations to Glen Wesley (Assistant Captain and former Bruin) on his first Cup in his 18 year career and to Head Coach Peter Laviolette, former Providence Bruin and former Calder Cup winning head coach of the Providence Bruins! The Canes won the series 4 games 3 with a 3-1 win tonight over their opponent the Edmonton Oilers, the 8th seed from the Western Conference.
In other news I had hockey practice this evening, a nice hour of constant motion working on flow drills...into the zone, out of the zone, into the zone, shoot, always working our triangle/figure 8's. I enjoyed it, seriously, it was great. After practice the hockey director grabbed me a few other guys and invited us to join the tournament teams they are putting together for the fourth of July weekend. Now remember, I've only been in pads for 6 months and only play/practice once or sometimes twice a week. I'm guessing a lot of folks left town, but heck...I got asked to play. Naturally, I am going to play. So thank God for the chance to step up and play in what should a tournament that is mostly over my experience level, though I can hold my own. May he keep us safe and injury free. Given that I could have been in a softball tournament this Friday and turned down the chance (and you know how much I love to play ball), I'm excited to have a tournament to play in. So if you're in College Station the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the 4th of July weekend, let me know and I'll get you a schedule and times when I get them. I think I will go Austin this Wednesday night and celebrate.

1 comment:

Alan said...

I'll come to a game or two if I'm in town that weekend (don't know yet).

Are you aware the "comments" links appear only on the main page of your blog, not on the individual entry pages? 'Tis rather annoying when I click in from Google Reader (which I usually only do if I intend to leave a comment, anyway).