Sunday, August 27, 2006

It has been a most fun day, long, yet quite fun for a miriad of reasons. I am currently a book that hits very close to home in some respects, giving a better perspective on my ancestors and what they went through when coming to this country around the turn of the century. No, no ancestor's mentioned by name, it's just a tale of history in New England in the late 1800's. I will give a review later when I finish it. Perhaps this week.

Anyway, I came across to quotes that nicely compliment each other.

The first being from Chesterton: "Do not look at the faces in the illustrated papers. Look at the faces in the street." - ILN, 11/16/07

The second, which I won't get quite right, nor can I at the monent find it in the book I am reading to state exactly who said it went something as follows: "it is not enough to study the humanities, but rather is more to the point of utmost importance to study humanity."

Just something to think about.

No comments: