Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Two posts for the price of one.

First the not so good news. The Texas Board of Professional Engineers denied my application to take the PE exam, reason given that sunk it was that my work in and around Boston is considered technician work and not engineering. Am I upset about it? Your damn right I am, but there does not appear to be any appeals to be had. I'm pretty much caught in a legal problem between what one state says is acceptable and what another doesn't say is acceptable.
So, I am trying my hardest to not crack open my nice bottle of JD and finish it (it's unopened right now). So I've just done the only thing one can do in this situation, I've been praying, for calmness and understanding. This happened for a reason, so it's time to be patient and find out why. No one said life is fair, but I'm not going to worry about it. I'm reminded of the recent movie Rocky Balboa, I being the Rocky freak that I am would like to share a quote from that film that gives me a little inspiration, for I've been through rougher times than this.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
-Rocky Balboa
Ok second thing, less depressing. I found a copy of "The Jeweler's Shop" the other day in the local bookstore. It is a three act play written by a Polish man named, Karol Wojtyla. I've gotten through Act I, it is very much filled with many ideas that would later be expanded on when he became Pope John Paul the Great. If you get a chance, give it a read. I say this being only 1/3 of the way through, so it's good stuff.
Till next time, keep that right up and lead with the jab.

No comments: