Sunday, June 24, 2007

"Let's go surfing now, everybody's learning how, come on a Safari with me"- The Beach Boys

Greetings readers.   This is a historic posting as it begins a new era for me as I come to live from a new web browser....Apple's Safari.  I've been busy, last weekend I spent Saturday at the City of Bryan's steak and wine festival and was able to see and hang out with my friend Bonnie Bishop and her band (and her dog...the polar bear with a pedigree, Emmy Lou).  Also got to hang out with her brother and his dog Shelby and SkyWalker...who wants to go fishing.  I may have to take him up on that one.  Also, the Coach was present and was enjoying his Miller Lite.

So what do we have today.  How about some symbolism in the Catholic calendar. Today is the Solemnity of the Nativity of John the Baptist.  It comes shortly after the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, the day after which the amount of daylight begins to decrease.  Now this solemnity is tied to this time of year for good reason.  It also ties together with another birthday...that of the celebration of Jesus' birthday...Christmas, which occurs shortly after the winter solstice as day light increases after that event.  In the words of John the Baptist, "I must decrease so He may increase."  Symbolism....it's not just for drummers anymore!

Next weekend brings the Arctic Wolf Independence Day Tournament....Friday night thru Sunday morning...4 games and 4 teams.  It is their thrid annual tournament and my second year to participate.  I anticipate much fun to be had by all.  Many of my small, nagging injuries are clearing up (bruised knee is healed, bruised shoulder healing, bruised hip is better, pulled hamstring should be fine by then, sore back in need of stretching, etc).  My body is simply a SNAFU (Situation Normal: All "Fowled" Up).  I love it!  

Congratulations to Andy who will be heading off to Wisconsin, I believe it is, at the end of July! 

Anywho, I'll try to post some next week and if I feel ambitious I will maybe even post live from the tournament next weekend.

Also please join me in the Free the 8 movement, the petition to DEI to free the number 8 so it may join Dale Jr. next year at Hendrick Motorsports.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Safari is exponentially better than IE, but Firefox still trumps 'em both. (So you got a Mac? Which model?)