Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy Independence Weekend loyal readers!  I am relaxing after playing four hockey games in the 39 hours at my rink's annual 4th of July Tournament.  This year was a bit more hotly contested for various reason, a few fights sadly, but fun to play in again.  Capped off with the ice cream sundae breakfast, so thank you Ben & Jerry's!

So here I sit realizing I haven't posted since last month, but I've been very busy.  Work has me overseeing 7 projects which are taking up a lot of my energy.  Which leads to longer hours. Granted I'm not hauling down the 70 hour weeks I used to pull when I worked in the Boston area, but just enough hours to be a bit of a pain.  I find that I'm having to stay just late enough to be unable to make the daily 5:30 Mass in the evenings as frequently as I would prefer.  It makes a noticeable difference in the day to day routine.

Now some of you are wondering, how can it be that big of deal?  It's just 30 minutes out of the day?  Why does it matter?  Well, it's simple really.  It all comes down to the Eucharist, the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ, the source and summit of the Christian faith.  It is those moments of prayer before the tabernacle before and after Mass and the reception of the Eucharist during Mass that make all the difference.  Entering into God's eternalness, into that mysterious way in which we are transported back to the foot of the cross and that moment is brought forward to us.   It is not us who take Christ in, but rather He who takes us in and further conforms us as working parts of His body.  I love that, I find a calming there when all the outside stuff that is just the fluff of life can be shaken off and we can realize that the most important thing we can do everyday is to be in His presence. 

Anyway, I'm going to go lie down and read and pray that St. Thomas' website is correct with the 5:30 Mass tonight.  If not, off to St. Mary's for the 7:30.

Have a great one!

No comments: